Maple-Glazed Pork Medallions
My sister shared this maple-glazed pork medallions recipe with me, and it has become a favorite with family and friends. Sweet maple with salty bacon is a delicious taste combination with the pork. —Bonnie De Jong, Holland, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 bacon strips
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds), cut into 6 slices
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In small bowl, whisk the first 9 ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Wrap 2 strips of bacon around sides of each pork slice; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour syrup mixture over top. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 10-15 minutes longer. Discard toothpicks before serving. If desired, thicken cooking juices; serve with pork.