Maple Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the syrup, raisins, butter, cardamom and allspice; set aside. When squash is cool enough to handle, remove rind and cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with syrup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 4, 2017
Made this yesterday and eating yummy leftovers today. Even got a complement from my husband. Natural ingredients and really good.
Jan 16, 2014
The cardamom is a nice change from the usual seasoning.
Oct 1, 2013
this was excellent. I thought hubby was going to lick the pan for more, lol. I'm going to make it again next week. My only changes (and probably would be good either way) was I used 3 tbl butter instead of 1 and I used 1/2 cup real maple syrup and 1/2 cup regular bottled syrup. Really good!
Nov 3, 2008
Oct 18, 2008
No comment left