Mandarin Pork Medallions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Cut tenderloin into four pieces; pound until 1/3 in. thick. Brown in a large skillet in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side; remove and set aside.
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch; add to the skillet along with marmalade, lemon juice, horseradish and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Return the pork to the skillet; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Serve over noodles; garnish with mandarin oranges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 9, 2012
My husband and I made this together, I wanted to try it ( because it was different ) he was skeptical ( because of the orange flavor ). While making the sauce he continued to taste, so we added another teaspoon of horseradish. Still too strong of a orange flavor. I thought there wasn't enough sauce so I decided to double it. Again adding more horseradish. In the end, I thought the dish was very edible, nice flavor, and using rice instead of pasta may have been better. We will not be making this again because of the overpowering orange flavor.
Mar 9, 2010
No comment left
Jan 14, 2009
No comment left