Makeover Frosted Banana Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture just until blended.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 28, 2017
I've made these several times and they are very good. I don't always put the frosting on them and they still taste great. They taste like a banana bread bar! yummy!I also will cook it in a 8 by 11 cake pan so that it’s thicker and serve it as cake. People always love it when I take it to parties!
Jan 9, 2014
Served this today and everyone loved it. Easy to make and yummy!
Jan 2, 2014
Sep 12, 2013
We sued half the amoutn of icing and they were very good! We will be making these many more times!
May 14, 2013
I USED 1/2 SPENDA & 1/2 SUGAR & MIXED IT WITH A FORK FIRST. FOR THE ICING I CUT BACK THE BUTTER TO 1TBS, THE SUGAR TO 1/4C & ADDED 1/3C OF SPLENDA. I ALSO ADDED 1TSP OF LEMON JUICE. TURNED OUT GREAT!
Apr 3, 2013
All the sugar in the icing overpowers the taste of the cream cheese and banana bars. Next time maybe I'll make this with less confectioner's sugar.
Mar 10, 2013
No comment left
Dec 30, 2012
No comment left
Nov 2, 2012
These were very moist and tasty. Several people asked for the recipe after trying them.
Oct 19, 2012
I also used 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 1/2. YUM!