Luscious Lemon Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix with pudding (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside. In a bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs and oil. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle half of the topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter over topping and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
Aug 5, 2015
This was a moist cake. Very good, although I can't say there was much of a lemon taste. I went back to review my recipe thinking that maybe I left out lemon juice...not an ingredient. A mild, good, moist cake regardless.
Apr 8, 2011
Great recipe! Made for a morning function and received lots of compliments on it. Moist and flavorful! Thanks for sharing!
Jan 8, 2011
Made this to share at a meeting and it got lots of compliments. The artificial lemon taste was perhaps a little strong for me, but overall a nice cake and a nice change from the usual. The recipe correction note by walterandkathy is important--pour HALF the batter into 13x9 pan, then top with half the topping, etc. My batter was quite thick, not really of "pouring" consistency.
Aug 31, 2010
very easy - everyone liked it. No need to dirty a bowl to beat the eggs, just put them in with the cake mix . They don't need to be beaten first. Marie
Feb 8, 2010
No comment left
Apr 28, 2008
directions should read: pour half of batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 in baking pan. sprinkle with half of toppung. spoon remaining batter over topping and then sprinkle with remaining topping.
Jan 30, 2007
No comment left