Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat oil, molasses, 1/4 cup sugar and egg until blended. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and spices; add to molasses mixture and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are set and tops are cracked, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 69 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2015
These cookies are terrible. There is too much baking soda in them! Do not make these cookies!
Dec 23, 2009
These cookies were a nice little treat, not too sweet. However, I don't know how the writer got 60 cookies out of this recipe, unless she made them pea size. Even doubling the recipe, I got about 4 1/2 dozen. I will definitely make these again although I may try replacing the sugar mixed into the recipe with Splenda and just use regular sugar to roll the cookies in.
Feb 15, 2009
No comment left
Dec 8, 2006
No comment left