Liver with Peppers and Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound liver, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cooked rice or noodles
- In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add liver; toss to coat. In a large skillet, cook onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In same skillet, cook and stir liver in remaining oil for 5-7 minutes or until no pink remains. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into liver. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to the skillet; heat through. Serve with rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Jul 25, 2010
I used chicken livers. Sauteed bacon.. drained, sauteed peppers and onions.... drained. Fried chicken livers in seasoned flour.... did not make gravey or use cornstarch, broth or soy sauce..... drained finished livers. Plated with potato cakes... fresh green beans and garnished with the peppers and onions... We found it wonderful.....Mother Malone - Woodleaf, NC
Jan 18, 2007
No comment left