Little Cheddar Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, ketchup and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Coat 4 muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with meat mixture. Spread ketchup over loaves.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°, about 5 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
Nutrition Facts2 mini meat loaves: 343 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
May 11, 2020
This is a great recipe for someone who only needs 1 or 2. It was very yummy, I did add some salt and pepper and the individual serving sizes would be very easy to freeze the extras for later.Held together very well and was easy to make.
Jan 19, 2020
Versatile recipe, and easy to make. I used fresh onion and added dashes of salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and about a clove of garlic, and garnished with fresh lettuce leaves.
Aug 9, 2019
My whole family (9 kids plus husband and me) lives these little loaves!! I have tried a few other recipes, but always come back to this! Absolutely delicious!!!
Dec 5, 2018
Quick and easy for a weeknight dinner. Since I'm not the best at being creative, I follow recipes like this one. It lacked flavor, however, I will wait till someone else leaves a comment on what magic ingredient they added try again.
Oct 18, 2018
My kids thought that these were fun since they were individual little loaves. I thought they were fun because they don't take as long to bake as a regular meatloaf, making these a great weeknight meal! I did add some salt and pepper for flavor. I would make these again and experiment with different seasonings.
Feb 2, 2012
Husband calls it tasty, high praise from him. Have made it many times in ramikins.
Oct 18, 2010
Although this recipe was quick and easy to make, I find that the original Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves recipe is better tasting and more flavorful and can easily be made in the muffin pan as well :)
Jul 6, 2008
Even though I sprayed the muffin tins, these stuck to the pan and fell apart when I tried to take them out.