Linguine with Seafood Sauce
Shrimp and clams give such an elegant touch to this easy-to-fix linguine dish that people will think you fussed, predicts Karen Fitzgerald of Mt. Airy, Maryland. "I'm a day-care provider with a husband and two hungry boys to cook for. When I'm pressed for time, I rely on this tried-and-true recipe that everyone likes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to seafood mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine; toss with sour cream. Place in a serving bowl; add seafood sauce and toss to coat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.