Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) whole baby clams
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain baby and minced clams, reserving juice; set clams and juice aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add parsley and garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add drained clams; saute 2 minutes longer.
- Combine cornstarch and clam juice until smooth; stir into skillet with wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the basil, pepper and cayenne. Serve sauce over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 357 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Apr 25, 2020
This recipe is one I will definitely make again. I substituted flour for the corn starch and used dried parsley and it was still fabulous.
Sep 30, 2019
Quick and easy with the plus of being a delicious meal. I didn't use the cornstarch after reading the other posts. I also use zucchini noodles. This is a great recipe to have the ingredients in your pantry. Made this on a camping trip. Will make again.
Jun 2, 2019
Tasty! Found recipe while shopping. Purchased ingredients returned home, quick and easy to make. Added fresh basil from my herb garden, drank, I mean used white wine :-). Enjoyed the fragrant meal.
Apr 30, 2019
overall tasty, however the sauce was too thick for famiy..Next time I'll reduce constarch by half.
Apr 26, 2019
I made this delicious recipe using frozen shelled mussels thawed (8 ozs) in place for whole baby clams and a second can of minced clams. I did double the ingredients for just the sauce because my husband usually likes extra sauce) (Olive oil, butter, cornstarch and wine) and omitted the basil (I didn't know if I would like it with basil). I will make it again soon. Super yummy!
Jan 26, 2019
With the additions I made, it became a "5". The family raved about this one and I will repeat for sure. However, I had to add a good bit of salt and even some seafood seasoning (Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic) to get more "oomph" in the flavor. Without these, the sauce would have been too bland for our tastes. I also had to double the clams to get the right consistency and fill our tummies.
Dec 28, 2018
This was quick and easy to make. Tasty and served over whole grain linguine made it hearty and fulfilling as well. Great for any night of the week.
Dec 24, 2018
Jun 14, 2015
My husband loved it plate was cleaned off in no time...only change I made was put in 2 cans of clams ....delicious & very easy to make!
Apr 22, 2011
I've been making this recipe for a few years now and it has become an Easter menu tradition alongside the ham. Delicious and easy!