Linguine with Garlic Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute spinach and onion until spinach is wilted and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth. Stir in pine nuts and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 547 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Nov 19, 2019
This recipe is really one of my favorites now! While it does have several ingredients, it is a very simple recipe with lots of flavor. I opted for using dairy-free items and gluten-free pasta but still very delicious!
Dec 11, 2015
We added Parmesan cheese to this and it made the meal!!!
Nov 1, 2014
This was good with a really rich sauce. The pine nuts added something different and I served with grated Parmesan which added a lot to the flavor. Garlic bread and salad makes a complete meal.
Oct 13, 2013
We used almonds instead of pine nuts because we're poor and it was still way good
Apr 24, 2013
LOVED IT! total keeper :)
Mar 24, 2013
No comment left
Apr 21, 2012
No comment left
Oct 17, 2011
This is a definite keeper! Will be making this quite often.
Mar 17, 2011
My family loves this recipe. I hadn't made it for a long time, and I was making a different dish, and he was disappointed that it wasn't this one. On occasion, I've added shrimp to it.
Nov 1, 2010
My family really liked this. I used walnuts since pine nuts are so expensive