As an appetizer for my Presidents' Day dinner, I reshaped a favorite cheese ball recipe into this log. Rolled in nuts and sprouting herb sprig "branches", it was a fun and flavorful way to honor one of our most famous leaders. —Mary Beth de Ribeaux, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary or parsley sprigs
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, onion, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed; beat until fluffy. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Shape into a 7x1-1/2-in. log; roll in walnuts. Insert rosemary or parsley sprigs for branches. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 101 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 26, 2010
I have used this recipe many times and always get rave reviews. I am continuously asked to bring this appetizer to many functions and it always disappears.
Feb 16, 2010
No comment left