Lime Chicken Tacos
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional: Sour cream, pickled onions, shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar or Cotija cheese
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 291 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Apr 3, 2020
Awful.These were so bland. I made them exactly as written and I had to make a decision whether to just throw away or try to salvage. I ended up adding salt, garlic, milk, cheese. Cooked some pasta and made a Chicken mac n cheese. It was edible and saved 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast.
Feb 19, 2020
This recipe was so easy to make and tasted absolutely delicious...I can't wait to make it again!
Jan 26, 2020
Chicken was real good
Jan 11, 2020
This was so good!... and so easy to put together. The lime was very subtle. We topped the tacos with sautéed red and green pepper strips and onions, which is a favorite. We also used lettuce, chunks of avocado, and of course sharp cheddar cheese. I doubled the recipe, and had plenty of the chicken mixture to freeze for a later meal when grandkids stop over.
Apr 14, 2019
This was quite delicious! I juiced 1.5 limes (used the other half of a lime for garnish), which was about 4.5 tbsp. I cut back on the chili powder (about 1.5 tsp), and instead of mixing them, I sprinkled the powder on each piece of chicken, then poured in the lime juice. I cooked it for 5 hours, shredded the chicken and added in the salsa and corn, then only cooked it all for an additional 15 minutes or so while my sides finished cooking. The chicken was perfect. I could actually taste the lime, but it wasn't overpowering. I will be doing the same ratio next time. We really loved this recipe, and it tasted great topped with some lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and avocado. I'll definitely be doing this one again.
Feb 16, 2019
I like this recipe, toss it in the crockpot
Apr 5, 2018
We made this chicken for a taco bar for a friends rehearsal dinner. We left out the corn and chili powder to help it appeal to even the pickiest guests. It was moist and delicious, with just the right amount of lime flavor coming through. I used Jack's (Garden Fresh) fresh salsa and I think that boosted the flavor compared to jarred chunky salsa. This is a keeper. The leftovers freeze great as well.
Mar 11, 2018
This was bland and disappointing.
Oct 19, 2017
I liked the lime flavor, but expected more spiciness. Will try using hot salsa next time.
Sep 20, 2017
Tasty quick meal with lots of options.