Light Strawberry-Spinach Salad
This strawberry-spinach salad makes a wonderful light summer meal. All of the flavors and colors complement one another very nicely. Farmers here in Washington grow a lot of strawberries, and they're the sweetest ones I've ever tasted. I'm always looking for new and different ways to use them. —Perlene Hoekema, Lynden, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- In a small skillet over medium heat, stir sesame seeds until golden; set aside. Wash spinach thoroughly; dry on paper towels and tear into bite-sized pieces. Blend oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. In a large bowl, mix together spinach, strawberries, dressing and seeds. Serve immediately.