Light Chocolate Cheesecake
"I created this easy reduced-fat take on cheesecake for my mom, who loves chocolate but not the calories," reports Theresa McEndree of Hall, Montana. "People can't believe it's light. Just one small slice will satisfy your sweet tooth!"
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Daisy fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 ounce white baking chocolate, shaved
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved
- Coat a 9-in. springform pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crumbs; set aside. Place the half-and-half, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, cocoa, flour and vanilla in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in egg substitute. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen and cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 243 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.