Li’l Cheddar Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 8 loaves; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 meat loaf: 279 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Jul 24, 2020
No comment left
Jul 9, 2020
Very yummy! My mom always made these growing up. The only problem I have with the recipe, is there’s too much milk and makes the mixture too soupy. I put 1/3 cup or less and it comes out much better texture. The original recipe form Taste of home cookbook, calls for 1 (5 ounce) can of evaporated milk. I need to try that!
Jun 27, 2020
My family loved this recipe! Yummy!
Jun 21, 2020
Very easy and very tasty! This will definitely be a "go-to" dinner for me!
May 22, 2020
I make two changes. First I enshroud the peas in a ball of mashed potatoes, the kids get a kick out of discovering the peas and not having to chase them all over there plates. I also brown the potatoes in the oven. Second, instead of the ketchup topping I make a good brown gravy, that covers the meat loaf and potatoes. Yum, Yum.
Apr 23, 2020
My boyfriend absolutely loved these!
Apr 10, 2020
I made this as two loaves. My only changes were to use onion powder and I cut the topping in half. I have made it a few times and the kids really like it.
Apr 7, 2020
These are hands down the best meatloaf/meatballs recipe I have ever tried. It’s a win every single time.
Feb 26, 2020
No comment left
Jan 25, 2020
This is the same recipe my 93 year old mother made and it has ALWAYS been a hit with everyone who is lucky enough to have a slice! The only thing we did not include is the cheese, however I just recently made it exactly as the recipe states and the cheese is a wonderful, rich addition! Love this recipe, it's definitely a keeper!