Lentil Taco Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes12 taco cups
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 can (15 ounces) lentils, drained
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives and chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press warm tortillas into 12 greased muffin cups, pleating sides as needed. In a large bowl, combine the lentils, pico de gallo, enchilada sauce and taco seasoning. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese. Divide lentil mixture among cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, for the crema, combine sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Serve cups with crema, lettuce, olives and tomatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 taco cups: 303 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 5, 2019
I couldn't find canned lentils so I cooked dried lentils instead. It was great and we didn't miss the meat at all! We also added some chopped avocado as a topping.
May 14, 2019
I was a little dubious about how good this would be with only lentils as a base, so I used half of the lentils and half a pound of ground turkey taco meat. This recipe is full of flavor! My meat-loving husband enjoyed it and said it's a keeper. 2 out of 3 kids liked it, too! Next time I'm going to use all lentils!