Lemony Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Place romaine in a salad bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 223 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 17, 2016
Wonderful! The dressing was more of a vinaigrette than a Caesar dressing. Nevertheless, it is simple and fabulous...definitely making again!
Sep 1, 2008
Hey, anyone check out the fat content of this salad? Hello! 22 grams of fat for a salad? I think that's a type-o or the most unhealthiest salad I've ever seen!
Aug 25, 2008
Everyone to whom I serve this salad loves it. It is great to prepare dressing and lettuce before hand and toss together at the last minute! Voncille in Texas