Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 24 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Beat first five ingredients on medium speed until blended, 2-3 minutes (do not overbeat).
- Whisk lemon juice and sugar in a shallow bowl until sugar is dissolved. Quickly dip eight ladyfingers into lemon juice, allowing excess to drip off; place in a single layer in an 8-in. square dish. Spread a third of the mascarpone mixture over top. Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Jul 11, 2020
Made for family get together and was a bit! Added extra sugar to lemon juice for ladyfingers to my taste. Just a quick drink and it was perfect. Will be making again today, for just hubby and I.
Apr 21, 2020
We loved this. Used a tip from a previous review, and added a bit of extra sugar to the lemon juice mixture before dipping lady fingers. We really live lemon at our house, so this hit all the marks! It’s is dense, and hold together well for beautiful serving.
Apr 14, 2020
I wanted to love this-- lemon desserts are a favorite. But I thought the texture was off-putting (the creamy filling was much too dense/solid once it set up) and the taste was a bit bland. I'm inspired to try again and reinvent to my taste-- more fresh lemon, probably with some whipped cream to head in a mousse-like direction. Basically, I'm not going to take anything from this recipe but the title, but hey-- that's something.
Apr 13, 2020
This was amazing! I used fresh lemons and tasted the lemon/sugar mixture before dipping my Lady Fingers. My lemons were a little tart, so I added another Tbsp of sugar. Will definitely make this for my lemon-loving family again.
Apr 9, 2020
Wayyy too lemony! What made it bad was dipping ladyfingers in lemon juice (and sugar), I would definitely skip that step.
Mar 31, 2020
I feel like we owe this recipe some liquor......dip ladyfingers in lemoncello? Then we can rival tiramisu ;)