Lemon Supreme Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- Pastry for deep-dish pie (9 inches)
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pie dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add remaining sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon zest and, if desired, food coloring. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Spread over pie shell.
- Cover cream cheese filling with lemon filling. Refrigerate pie overnight.
- If desired, dollop additional whipped topping over lemon filling. Refrigerate until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 735 calories, 42g fat (26g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 8, 2020
No comment left
Apr 20, 2020
No comment left
Dec 21, 2019
Haven’t made it yet bcz I was looking for a legit brand of lemon pie filling-found it
Dec 13, 2019
If you follow the baking directions for this pie, you will be sorely disappointed as it will be burned
Sep 15, 2019
I have made this several times. It's a good pie but I don't care for the rubbery cornstarch texture of the lemon. I just make the lemon layer like lemon meringue pie filling, and I have even made it with lemon curd. It's still a good pie, either way.
Apr 27, 2019
This is overrated. It doesn't have a strong lemon flavor, and it tastes more like eating cream cheese out of the tub.
Mar 9, 2019
Can't wait to make this yummy looking pie. Years ago when I worked at Village Inn, they had a lemon supreme pie that was just like this. It was always mine and my husband's favorite. I like lemon meringue pie, but this one is even better, as I love any dessert which incorporates a sweet cream cheese layer.
Jan 13, 2019
The lemon filling is way too tart. I made it again with half the lemon juice and a packet of lemon jello. Way better. Also, no need for whipped topping (which is made with oil). Thin the cream cheese mixture with whole milk and no lemon juice.
Nov 25, 2018
No comment left
Jun 1, 2018
I am really surprised that so many think this is better than lemon meringue pie. It was good, but it wasn't spectacular. There are many recipes online for a similar dessert called Lemon Lush, Lemon Delight, etc., that is made in a 9x13 baker. It's very, very similar in taste, makes a larger amount, and is much easier.