Lemon Pudding Cake Cups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a shallow baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Allow to cool in water bath for 10 minutes before carefully removing cups to a wire rack. Serve warm or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 4, 2020
This was delicious. Nice cake on top and pudding on the bottom. It was easy to put together and mine took about 50 minutes to cook. I served it with icing sugar and some whip cream. Perfect amount for two.
Jan 2, 2013
Needing a quick dessert for two and wanting to use up some lemons, I tried this very tasty recipe. Followed the recipe exactly EXCEPT I added the zest of a whole lemon. Very lemony and delicious!
Dec 1, 2010
This was so easy to make. I used Stevia (1/2 the amount of sugar) & skim milk. It is so light and wonderfully tart. Thanks for the recipe, Katie ~ Good job!