Soft and light as a feather, these lemony twists are a delicious addition to a breakfast or brunch, especially when served with a cup of coffee or tea. Drizzled icing tops them off beautifully.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + rising
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine almonds, brown sugar and lemon zest. Roll dough to a 21x8-in. rectangle. Brush middle third of dough with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle buttered area with half of almond-brown sugar mixture. Fold one of the remaining dough thirds over filling. Brush folded dough with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining filling. Fold remaining dough third over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut into eight (1-in.-wide) strips. Hold each strip at both ends, twist in opposite directions three times.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack to cool. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over twists.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 312 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.