- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon zest, extracts and food coloring if desired. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 31, 2020
How many eggs? egg yolks?., doesn't say. Looks good.
Jul 20, 2020
We eat Thanksgiving dinner each year at my husband's aunt's house. I have been bringing a cheesecakes since the first time I celebrated with them after we were engaged. This is one of their favorite cheesecakes.
Apr 20, 2020
Delicious and pretty easy to make. But quantities aren't right. I followed the recipe exactly and didnt have enough crust to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. And the filling was way more than needed and almost over flowed the sides once baked. Will make again, but will have to adjust accordingly
Dec 2, 2019
I made this for Thanksgiving. Followed the recipe. Came out creamy and awesome! I baked over water bath and let cool for min in oven. After I refrigerated I added Blackberry Pie Topping and Fresh Blackberries tossed in Lemon Juice and Sugar to taste. Returned to fridge for a couple hours. Came out wonderful. I will use this base now for my White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake now. Thanks for this recipe....
Jul 24, 2019
so yummy! made this for my grandmother and uncle and it was a huge success. has such a nice subtle lemon flavor. delish!
Mar 2, 2019
Easy and delicious recipe! I half the recipe, except the crust, and it works beautifully for a 9" cheesecake. Last night, after pouring 2/3 of the filling into the par baked crust - I added 2/3 of a can of raspberry pie filling to the remainder of the filling, and mixed thoroughly. I then added the raspberry lemon filling and swirled throughout. It received rave reviews at a party today! Creamy, flavorful, and delicious! Enjoy!
May 5, 2018
I made this cake for my dad’s birthday and it was a huge hit. I did change a few things. For the crust I used lemon shortbread cookies and I only used 1/8C of sugar. I substituted a tsp of lemon curd & 1 lemon’s worth of lemon zest for the grated lemon peel. I topped ithe finished, cooled cake with a thin layer of whipped cream, candied lemon slices & sugared blackberries. I will make this for every special occasion.
Apr 2, 2018
Hands down one of the best cheesecakes I’ve made. Easy to prepare, too. Made this for Easter and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe! I also made a topping of fruit with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries which takes it up a notch! Excellent!
Apr 1, 2018
Very easy to make and also very tasty.
Apr 1, 2018
I added Lemon Whipped Cream for the topping. Delicious!