Lemon-Curry Chicken Casserole
Asparagus and almonds add a flavorful twist to an ordinary chicken dish. I've made this countless times for company and am usually asked for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cut asparagus, thawed and drained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 10-14 minutes or until juices run clear. Place over asparagus. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, ginger and pepper; spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 25, 2010
This was easy to make and we loved the flavors! (I used Cream of Chicken & Herbs condensed soup) I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Feb 19, 2010
when the whole family agrees that it tastes awesome, it's a keeper!
Sep 4, 2009
No comment left