Lemon Crumb Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon zest and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 14, 2020
these are just perfect- I used a bit more lemon juice- they bake up nicely, the crumb topping is great. I did not need the glaze. Nice lemon and buttery flavor, not overly sweet
Apr 23, 2020
I love lemon and these have become a favorite of mine! I can see why they won a contest! Thanks for sharing!
Mar 25, 2020
The Taste of Home splash page got me -- these muffins were the top of the page this morning when I was looking for another recipe and I made them tonight. I did make them gluten free, and they were delicious! A definite hit with the family.
Nov 3, 2019
My husband loves lemon anything. I made these and they are a hit. I made a third of the batter as it’s just us and got 12 nice muffins. This is a keeper.
Jun 17, 2018
Delicious! Easy to make and easy to halve, which is what I did: I still got 24 full-size muffins and a dozen mini-muffins! Easy dough to work with, and everyone loves the flavor!
Jun 13, 2018
Great recipe, easily halved. And just because there is no such thing as too much lemon, I occasionally add a handful of lemon chips to the batter. Yum. A family favorite and go to recipe.
Apr 27, 2018
These add just the right sweet to a breakfast or brunch. Just the right amount of lemon!
Apr 24, 2018
Delicious! Very tender with great lemon flavor. Love the strusel.
Mar 1, 2018
These are excellent muffins and great for a morning snack. I was able to use fresh lemons from our tree and I did not make any changes to the recipe.
Jan 10, 2018
This recipe is so amazing. I prefer to say it is a lemon cake because it is such a treat! I substituted the sour cream with vanilla yogurt. (only because I didn't have sour cream) FABULOUS! I would suggest that if you are only making muffins for your family to half the recipe. Love the muffins, will definitely be in my book of greatness!