Lemon Cream Torte
Although my husband has retired from farming, I haven't retired from the kitchen! I still enjoy cooking and preparing our children's old favorites as well as trying new recipes. The creamy texture and lemony flavor of this dessert give the taste buds a treat!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Combine butter and flour; pat into a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add half of the whipped topping, beating on low. Spread over crust. In another bowl, beat pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes on low speed. Let set 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer; let set 10-15 minutes. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Top with pecans if desired. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 249 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.