Lemon Cream Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a shallow bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 381 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 24, 2020
Made this yesterday and absolutely love this recipe. I did use tenderloins in lieu of breast and zested the lemons and added the zest at the end. Served it over Brown Butter Orzo. Had a friend for lunch and she raved over it. Definitely a keeper recipe. p.s. I read the reviews and doubled the sauce and was happy I did that.
Jul 7, 2020
YUMMY! The cream against the citrus was a good contrast. My family said to triple the sauce. We used it with both rice and potato and enjoyed both.
Jun 29, 2020
Delicious! And so easy. Hubby loved it -- especially the sauce -- and wants it in our regular rotation.. Like others, I doubled the sauce. I usually do this anyway with most sauce or gravy recipes because I love having extra for noodles, etc. This is a keeper.
May 22, 2020
I haven't made this yet but i was wondering if i can use jarred mushrooms instead of fresh.
Mar 25, 2020
This is a lovely recipe, easy to make and quite tasty. It did not make near enough sauce and I had used less chicken. If you are going for a grave or pasta sauce I would recommend doubling the sauce portion.
Oct 19, 2019
Made this with pasta I made extra cream sauce it was absolutely delicious
Oct 15, 2019
This made a very rich and creamy sauce that was delicious and easy to prepare. I used chicken thighs baked in the oven first because i dont think they would have cooked through after a few minutes on each side. After they were done. I followed the recioe exactly except I sauteed onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter before adding chicken broth. Doubled the sauce and served with mashed potatoes. Will try pasta next time.
Jul 15, 2019
This was easy to prepare and delicious! It looked very gourmet. My husband loved it and so did I. Served it with mashed potatoes which worked great with the mushroom sauce. I made this last week and am making it again tonight!
Mar 7, 2019
It was so DELICIOUS! I adjusted it it only a little by adding garlic to the broth just before the mushrooms and I used pink Himalayan salt and butter and 2% milk because I was out of heavy cream. Turned out super delicious. Perfect for meal prep. I'm pairing it with jasmine rice and mixed veggies. ?????? gourmet without the hassle!
Mar 6, 2019
This was great! I used only one large (13 oz) breast and cubed it. Husbands right arm is in a sling and figured this would make it easier on both of us! It did and it turned out great. I used 1/2