Lemon Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread pie filling over batter. Top with remaining batter. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 324 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 8, 2015
I love this recipe. Made it for ladies golf day and everyone loved it.....they took all leftovers home...am making it again today for guests .... you can't go wrong with this one.
May 25, 2015
I made this with gluten free flour. As usual that requires more liquid, about 1/3 cup milk, I also used jumbo eggs. Other than that I made it per the recipe. I added a fresh lemon glaze the first two times I served it. It is actually better as the days go by, moister. It was a dense cake that held its shape when cut. I will make it again and am wondering what other pie fillings could be used? Only the cream kind or fruit kind too?
Nov 6, 2013
This was a big hit with my family. The filling layer adds a nice touch to a basic coffee cake recipe.
Mar 8, 2013
I surprised myself by trying this recipe, since I am not a fan of lemon or dry coffee cakes. This is sooo moist and lemony it is just awesome. I love it!!!
Jun 23, 2011
I have made this so many times; it is so easy to prepare, and is so delicious! Sometimes I drizzle a little powdered sugar glaze. I made this last night, and gave some to my neighbors. She wants to pay me to make one for her family! Store-bought pastries can't touch this recipe.
Jan 17, 2011
This is one of my favorite recipes, I have made it many times, my family and friends love it.
Sep 4, 2009
I made this recipe for a birthday. Everyone loved it and several asked for the recipe. Its easy and delicious.
Aug 17, 2009
No comment left
May 24, 2009
made this for a friend's birthday..she loves lemon. She raved , and gave some to all her grown childre, and then asked for the recipe!
May 22, 2009
This is very easy to make and it tastes delicious-definately one I will make again.