Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and meat juices run clear, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and broth; stir in lemon juice, zest, salt and rice. Add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add broccoli and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 367 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
May 17, 2012
This sounded so good, but it really needs some work. It is just not too flavorful. I doubled the lemon juice and zest, added more garlic, salt and pepper and still sort of bland. I added mushrooms which were good. My 6 year old liked it, but it definitely needs more seasoning.
Feb 29, 2012
The first time I've seen my 3 and 2 year old eat Lemon chicken (and I've tried to get them to eat it before). Awesome, much better than my BHG recipe, and seems so easy and healthier. Love it! I'm glad I tried it, and the kids liked it so much. No flavor was too overwhelming. yuuuum.
Jul 21, 2008
Would it be alright to freeze this dish? Am having surgery this week, so I want to be sure to have meals made ahead for my husband, so all he's gotta do is heat in microwave.Thank you for your reply.