Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 434 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 12, 2020
This cake was good, but I personally did not like the texture. Very dense. My husband liked it. Might try it again.
May 8, 2020
Thought I would make this for mimosa time with my friends. I followed the cake recipe exactly, but read the cream cheese drizzle that many below said was tasty. I made a double batch and it turned out very pretty. I did add yellow food coloring to the icing just for kicks and wish I wouldn't have in hindsight. No reason ..except it looks a little fake. I thought it might be a bit sweeter than it actually turned out to be so I was a bit disappointed in that but the texture is fantastic.
Apr 18, 2020
This cake is very moist and with the perfect amount of lemon and blueberries. I follow the recipe exactly but I did the glaze as ebramkamp (see reviews on 7/30/19] is delicious. We loved it!
Dec 22, 2019
Added cream cheese and extra lemon zest to the glaze which was awesome because the cake isn’t overly sweet and the extra pop in the glaze really gave it a nice balance! Very good!
Sep 2, 2019
This is so delicious.
Aug 30, 2019
Very moist and delicious! We all loved it. Had 3 slices in one day! Yum
Jul 30, 2019
This cake was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly except for the glaze. I had used 4 oz of cream cheese for the cake so had that amount remaining from an 8 oz block. So for the glaze I mixed 4 oz of softened cream cheese. 1/4 c room temp butter. 1 heaping tsp fresh lemon zest, 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1 c powdered sugar and the juice of 1 lemon. Really beautiful presentation on the cake.
May 28, 2019
Except for the glaze and additional blueberries, I followed the recipe to the letter. I don't know how some reviewers said it was dry. This cake is delicious and as moist and rich as they come. I had extra blueberries on hand so I threw them in and I completely ignored the amount of lemon in the glaze because I love lemons and they were really juicy. The glaze didn't look like the picture, but boy was it good. Made it yesterday and it's already gone. Family loved it!
May 19, 2019
Would love to make this recipe but the version I see doesn't have the measures for the salt yogurt and soda.
May 15, 2019
Turned out tasty,little to sweet with the sugar frosting. Will cut that in half next time.other than that really good