Lemon Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and zest; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pie shell.
- In a saucepan, toss blueberries and sugar. Combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; add to blueberries. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 8 minutes, stirring gently. Cook 2 minutes longer. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over lemon layer. Chill for 4-6 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 446 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 20, 2017
This recipe was good. It had a good flavor. The lemon custard on the bottom was delicious! It came together easily. I used frozen blueberries and had to add an additional tablespoon of cornstarch.
Jun 27, 2016
I wonder if this would be good with a meringue layer.
Jan 10, 2016
I just made this in January, so it's nice any time of the year and light! Thanks for the recipe!
Jun 17, 2015
This pie is really good. I had a pie crust and blueberries that I wanted to use and found this recipe so I decided to try it. The blueberries and lemon are a great combination. It is a nice summer dessert.
May 26, 2015
I cut this out of the original magazine and it sat in my recipe book for years before I tried it .... now it is a regular part of my repertoire and I think it is my personal all time favorite pie. It is a little work intensive but worth it. Note: The "TOTAL TIME" listed at the beginning of the recipe is incorrect. The recipe directions list 20 min. for just part of the first step alone. Also, the first time I made it, I had only 2 c. of blueberries on hand, so used that instead of 3,. Later I tried the 3 c. as listed, but found we like it with only 2 c. better.
Jul 12, 2013
This pie is excellent! I make it every summer. The real lemony flavour pairs well with the blueberries & the touch of orange juice flavouring.
Mar 3, 2009
This has to be one of my favorite pies and it is so refreshing in the summer.
Nov 29, 2008