Layered Turtle Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Additional caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup flour, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, mix caramel topping and remaining flour; stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chocolate batter. Top with remaining batter. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For ganache, place chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel topping before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without additional caramel topping): 664 calories, 46g fat (25g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 20, 2020
Has anyone tried this using gluten free flour?
Apr 26, 2020
Everyone loved it- received several “best cheese cake ever” comments. I did a graham cracker crust instead of the flour crust. Approx 636 cals per serving.
Feb 21, 2020
*** Three extra stars. This cheesecake is the best ever. My husband made it, while I watched and helped a few times, but after eating it, I think it is better than anything I have eaten at a fine bakery or restaurant! We taste tested at certain steps, and ended up with chocolate on my chin, but it was worth it!!
Jun 6, 2019
One of the best cheesecakes ever! Instead of the ganache top though, I just drizzled with caramel, sprinkled pecans and tossed on a few mini chocolate chips! So perfect!
Apr 17, 2019
Best cheesecake ever. I always get rave reviews when I make it for family and friends. Instead of flour base I make it with Oreo cookies 4 tablespoons of butter and 24 crushed cookies my friend requested chocolate base and it turned out great.
Mar 10, 2019
I love making this cheesecake. Its like meditation for me. Big hit at any occasion i make it for.
Apr 11, 2018
This gets rave reviews whenever I make it. A lot of time spent but well worth it.Everyone wants me to make it for their "special" occasion -
Jan 3, 2018
Worth every second of the time to make it and the calories in it! Delicious!
Dec 12, 2017
I love cheesecake and this one is well worth the time and effort.
Nov 21, 2017
This is the best cheesecake I make. Almost a year after taking to a work function, people were still talking about it. One guy told someone that the cheesecake is better than any cheesecake at "The Cheesecake Factory". It is time consuming, but definitely worth it! I make the recipe exactly as the directions tell you to.