Layered Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large glass bowl, layer the cabbage, spinach, tortellini, tomatoes and onions. Pour dressing over the top; sprinkle with bacon if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 159 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 17, 2015
This salad is delicious. I usually reserve it for special occasions, though, because it is a lot of work. The 15 minute prep time is ridiculously optimistic! I suppose it could be accurate if you had already shredded the cabbage; sliced the onions; washed and torn the spinach; cut the tomatoes in half; and cooked and crumbled the bacon. Technically, that is indeed what the ingredient list specifies. However, most people would need to add all of those things into the prep time. :)
Jun 6, 2012
I've made this many, many times for summer potlucks and picnics and it always goes over very well. A keeper recipe for me!
Jun 21, 2011
It needs something....in general it was good, will make again but will need to tweak it.
May 6, 2011
This is probably the most-requested recipe that I make for gatherings! I add one peeled and seeded sliced cucumber to it.
Jul 5, 2008
This is a great main dish summer salad. I always get rave reviews when I serve this.
Sep 18, 2007
No comment left