Layered Fresh Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- Place first 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Layer fruit in a large glass bowl. Pour juice mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 110 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Feb 12, 2020
I prepared this delicious salad for a pot luck. I made only a few changes. I omitted the kiwi fruit as I could not find any and substituted blueberries for the grapefruit. It was delicious and a hit at the pot luck. It is very juicy so only refrigerate a few hours before serving as it could get soggy. Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 3, 2018
This recipe looks delicious!
Jan 7, 2013
No comment left
Dec 12, 2012
No comment left
Jun 17, 2010
I've made this salad many times and people rave about it. My adult children request I bring it to family gatherings. I usually omit the grapefruit but put fresh blackberries on top of it. They really give it an elegant look.