Layered Coconut Bars
Folks will save room for dessert when these bars are part of the menu. They're chock-full of fun ingredients like chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Candied fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine butter and crumbs until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. Pour milk over all. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Decorate with candied fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 278 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 22, 2010
Iwon't make this recipe. It sounded good until it got down to the candied fruit. The same item that gives fruit cake it's bad name.
Mar 21, 2010
Not as good as they look, but good for chocolate cravings and fast to make.