Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Daisy small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of the noodle mixture in a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle mixture; top with reserved meat sauce and remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 436 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
May 13, 2020
I love this recipe! My family goes crazy for it, it has become a favorite in our house. I always double this recipe, just so I can have enough leftover for my husbands lunch the next day. Speaking of that, it reheats very well!
Apr 17, 2020
Duh, it's NOT lasagna, without lasagna pasta.
Apr 2, 2020
I liked this recipe and it was easy, I made it as is but did use a mix of cottage cheese and ricotta as that is what I had on hand. When I make it again, and I will, I will use more pasta than the 6 oz....I don't think that was enough pasta compared to the 1 lb of meat. Using more pasta, may have to add more sauce...but I'll try it! A very good recipe though, thank you!
Jan 12, 2020
We love lasagna, so I wasn’t sure how good this would be compared to the real thing. My husband said it is his new favorite casserole! It is a keeper.
Jan 11, 2020
My husband and I loved this. The only thing I did different was use Fontina cheese in place of mozzarella.
Dec 31, 2019
Quick, easy, and tasty! Works well with big pasta like rigatoni or cavatappi. I mixed the cottage cheese with some ricotta (about 50-50.) A salad rounds out the meal nicely.
Aug 13, 2019
I have made this recipe many times. It is so easy and so delicious. The only change I made was to use ricotta instead of cottage cheese.
Aug 9, 2019
I also used Ricotta in place of the cottage cheese, and I used ground Italian Sausage instead of the ground beef. It was a big hit with the Lions Club. Will definitely make again.
Apr 16, 2019
The only change I made was using ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Delicious!! A great make-ahead. Next time I think I will double it and Make One-Freeze.
Apr 13, 2019
Yummy comfort food. Simple and easy to prepare even after a full day at work. I served with a nice Chianti.