Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, optional
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and, if desired, fennel seed; heat through.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce over each noodle; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Carefully roll up noodles and place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 25, 2020
Super easy and super goog!
Jun 2, 2020
By far the easiest and best thing I have ever made. I made a huge batch for work and everyone just loved it all of my Medical family and Corrections Officers. My family just loves it too and if your like me I change it up with different spices and herbs and cheese. It's really easy and fun for the kids to make too.
Apr 23, 2020
This recipe is super easy and delicious! So glad I gave it a try!
Jan 12, 2020
I use leftover homemade spaghetti sauce with this recipe and it’s a winner in our home.
Apr 7, 2019
I was disappointed in this recipe as the directions have an error. When mixing the spaghetti sauce in the ground beef, use only 1/2 the amount! The recipe does not state this. It just says add sauce, so I added the whole jar. And when I got further along into the recipe, it says to add the remaining sauce. You only need half the sauce in the ground beef , as otherwise, it becomes too wet, which is what happened to me. Also, a full teaspoon of fennel is way too much. A half teaspoon would be just fine. I plan on making this recipe again with corrections on the spaghetti sauce and half the fennel and we'll see if it is better.
Jan 30, 2019
My family really liked this. I used a jarred sauce with sausage, added some chili flakes and basil and they ate it all up. A real nice change from the usual spaghetti and hardly any extra effort.
Apr 15, 2018
I have to give this a five star which is rare for me. It is going to be in my recipe binder. I did change it up a bit. I made the recipe as described, but in a small bowl I used cottage cheese, one egg, and added the cheese to the mixture. After placing the meat mixture, I put a small amount of the cheese mixture before rolling. All and all, a great recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Mar 27, 2018
I used spicy Italian sausage instead of beef and added a layer of pesto and sour cream. Turned out great!
Jul 11, 2014
Excellent. I made half the recipe and it was perfect for two.
Feb 10, 2014
Made these with ricotti added to the filling, just dabbed in on top of the meat sauce, yummie! Another Keeper from Taste of Homes!