Lamb Broccoli Strudel
When my husband was on his second helping of this dish, I surprised him by telling him the ingredients— two foods he's not especially fond of. Now he asks for this dish often!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook lamb and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, sour cream, bread crumbs, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix in meat and onion.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a piece of waxed paper. Brush with butter; continue layering with 9 more sheets of dough, brushing each with butter. Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Spoon half of the meat mixture on dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with the short end.
- Place the roll, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush tops of rolls with remaining butter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 607 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.