Lamb and White Bean Chili
I created a fresh take on chili using lamb and Moroccan seasoning with a feta and almond garnish. It was so exciting and tasty to my husband and son, I made a second batch almost right away. If you like a spicier chili, add harissa paste or use medium salsa instead of mild. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild chunky salsa
- 3 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning (ras el hanout), divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Optional: Additional chopped red onion and toasted naan flatbread or pita bread
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook lamb and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer lamb mixture to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Add beans.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, 1-1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning and 3 teaspoons lemon zest. Pour over beans and lamb; stir until well combined. Cook, covered, on low for 6 hours or until onions are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade with remaining Moroccan seasoning and lemon zest; stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle each serving with parsley, cheese and almonds. If desired, serve with additional red onion and naan or pita bread.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 438 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.