Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 3 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 3 tablespoons kimchi juice
- Optional: Sesame oil and sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, stirring occasionally. Add green onion and garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Add kimchi; cook and stir until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired. Stir enough kimchi juice into cauliflower mixture to moisten. Divide among 2 serving bowls. Top with fried eggs, additional green onions and if desired, sesame seeds and oil.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 254 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 high-fat meat, 2 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 26, 2020
Kimchi is one of my favorite newly discovered ingredients. This recipe is packed with flavor and the cauliflower adds nutrients that you can sneak in with the kids! They think it's regular rice. ;) It's very tasty and also eats well cold (minus the egg) for lunch the next day.