I wish I could claim credit for this recipe...but I've only helped make it for Farm Bureau suppers. With a cheese sauce and beef spaghetti layers, it has real kid appeal.—Vera Chalfant, Parker City, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in spaghetti; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce and the remaining spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Try this quick dessert idea. Sprinkle warmed pear halves with cinnamon. Top with whipped cream, caramel ice cream topping and chopped walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Apr 18, 2011
This is a wonderful recipe!! A bit different than the usual spaghetti, but even better. We had this tonight, and everyone loved it! I'll be making this again, probably many times :-)
Jul 24, 2008
No comment left