Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops
These sweet, spicy chops can be thrown together in minutes, but definitely don't taste like it. Serve it with a side of jasmine rice and you'll feel like you're on a tropical vacation. —Allison Ulrich, Frisco, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 4 boneless thin-cut pork loin chops (2 to 3 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium sweet orange pepper
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Soften 1 tablespoon butter; mix with peach preserves.
- Sprinkle chops with seasonings. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; brown chops 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Cut peppers into thin strips. In same pan, saute peppers in remaining butter over medium-high heat until crisp-tender and lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Add chops; top with preserves mixture. Cook, uncovered, until heated through, 30-60 seconds. If desired, serve with rice.
Health Tip: Use reduced-sodium or salt-free Jamaican jerk seasoning to significantly reduce the amount of sodium in this dish.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 470 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
This was absolutely easy to throw together and delicious. Didn't change a think and served with Jasmine rice, as suggested. Wonderfully put together and tasty meal! ~Thanks~