Jalapeno Popper Pocket
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and peppers.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into a 13-in. square. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread half with chicken mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold remaining half over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg. Cut slits in pastry. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 237 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 30, 2019
I made some slight changes to this. I never buy rotisserie chicken since I buy my chicken breasts in 10 pound bags. Therefore, I just cooked up a couple of breast halves and chopped them fine. Second, I couldn't find puff pastry sheets but I could get phyollo dough so I used that. We loved it. Although, next time I may use puff pastry shells or even phyollo shells depending on what I can find. The filling would stay the same.