Italian Sausage Pizza Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 package (1 pound) Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red or yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (5 ounces) Caesar salad croutons
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove casings from sausage. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Add onion and peppers; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add next five ingredients; pour in broth. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. Serve with croutons and cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 18, 2018
I liked it but my family thought it was a little bit tasteless. The next time I make this I am going to make changes.
Dec 31, 2017
Delicious. Didn't have diced tomatoes so I used stewed. Also added finely chopped pepperoni. Made my own Italian seasoning but followed everything else. Totally enjoyed it.