Italian Pinwheel Rolls
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 1 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle the cheese, parsley, garlic and oregano to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 110 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 30, 2019
Could you use crescent rolls if in a pinch for time?
Jan 2, 2019
These are absolutely amazing. I was afraid there was too much garlic and that it should have been cooked first but it came out perfectly as written. These are HUGE rolls but they all vanished so I can't comment on how they are when they cool down and how they reheat.
May 4, 2013
I've made these a few times, and my husband loves them. Sometimes I use this dough without the filling to make breadsticks.