Italian Meat Stromboli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 8 ounces brick cheese, sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces sliced deli ham
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pizza sauce and 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.
- Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Top with brick cheese, sauce mixture and remaining ingredients to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under; transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and oregano. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 21, 2020
This was delicious! I used mozzarella for the brick cheese and substituted salami for the pepperoni. I didn't seal the seam well enough so some sauce and cheese creeped out.
Apr 9, 2015
Family loved it. I used pepper jack for the brick cheese and shredded it. Also added 1/2 lb. of crumbled cooked sausage.
Dec 25, 2009
No comment left