Italian Herb-Crusted Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 8 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic and seasonings; rub over roast. Arrange carrots and onions on the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place roast over vegetables, fat side up. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 475°. Roast the pork for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 425°. Roast until a thermometer reads 145° and vegetables are tender, 30-40 minutes longer. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 295 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 4, 2020
This 3rd post that has asked - do you cover the roast, please, yes or no?
Jun 4, 2020
Do you cover the roast while cooking yes or no
Mar 27, 2020
I just made this and I must say that it was a hit. I especially loved that carrots!
Mar 22, 2020
Is the roast supposed to be covered while cooking?
Jun 10, 2019
This was a great recipe, my family loved it. I used carrots, onion, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts. I am not a fan of cooked carrots. My roast was 4.07 pounds and it came out a little more done than I like, however was still moist. I also made mashed potatoes and gravy on the side. Well worth the time to try the recipe. Will make again several times. Thanks for the hit with the fam.
May 23, 2018
I seared the meat with salt and pepper first. Then used the pre-made pesto and put the fresh herbs in that.and put enough on top to create the crust. Cooked to temp reached 153, since I like pork cooked more well done but not dry. I took out of the oven and tented it for about 5-8 mins so it absorbs the juice back into the meat. Everyone loved it. Will make again.
Dec 15, 2016
Very nice recipe. It took a bit longer than the instructions stated but well worth the wait.
May 11, 2016
Great flavor! Even good the next day as leftovers.
Apr 6, 2016
We added a cranberry pesto to top this off and it was amazing!
Jan 18, 2016
The roast was delicious and very moist!