Italian Beef With Mushrooms
My husband, who is a mushroom lover, always smiles when I make this dish.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, wine or broth, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 minutes. Stir in beef. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until meat is heated through. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 227 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.