Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
Total TimePrep/Cook time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add sesame oil. When oil is hot, brown chicken in batches. Press cancel. Return all to pressure cooker. In a small bowl, whisk honey, soy sauce, water, garlic and pepper flakes; stir into pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and, if desired, green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 311 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1004mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Jul 20, 2020
My very picky teenage son LOVED this recipe. Mild but yummy flavor, good texture, and fast and easy because it's, in the Instant pot. Thanks for sharing this recipe ??
Jul 15, 2020
This is a great easy recipe. I always have these ingrained in my pantry. I serve with steamed broccoli and jasmine rice..
Jul 9, 2020
I am pretty sure the picture is not for this recipe. If I could include a picture I would. Mine came out more of a peanut sauce color. I don’t even know how they made it red, unless they used a stock photo. It was tasty, the flavor was very mild.
Jun 29, 2020
My husband and I loved this dish! Made this recipe with the exact ingredients and added 1/2 cup of orange juice. I don't own an instant pot, but I really wanted to make this, so this is what I did. I used an electric frying pan. I put the sesame oil in the pan on medium and browned my chicken. I took the chicken out of pan and cut it into bite size pieces. (I used chicken tenders) and I did not clean my pan for the next step. Then in a small bowl, I wisked the honey, soy sauce, water, garlic and pepper flakes and 1/2 cup O.J. Poured in pan and on medium simmered for about 4 minutes. Then I added the cornstarch and water mixture and simmered until thickened. 1 to 2 minutes. Once thickened, I put the chicken pieces back in the pan to coat and heat. Served over rice with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds. This dish is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
May 17, 2020
I wish this worked in my old slow cooker. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
May 11, 2020
This is going to be amazing! I love Sesame Chicken and I love my IP! Cant wait to make this again and again!
May 7, 2020
Excellent recipe with stuff I always have on hand. Served over rice and peas. Husband gave it 5 stars as well. I think from start to finish it was 35 or 40 minutes (I’m a slow cutter of chicken). This will be a keeper
May 6, 2020
Easy and tasty. We enjoyed this. I had 1 ¾lb. chicken so I added slightly more of everything for the sauce.
May 3, 2020
Sounds great and would love to try it but don't have an instapot. Any instructions for a slow cooker?
Apr 12, 2020
I would love to make this recipe but have a slow cooker, not an instant pot. Can it be modified and how if so? Thank you.