Instant Pot Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place first 7 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Mix cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cheese and bacon. Heat through until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, additional cheese and bacon.
Instant Pot Corn Chowder Tips
Does corn chowder freeze well?Yes, corn chowders that have a cream base, like this Instant Pot corn chowder, are freezable. However, freezing cream-based soups can change the texture. If you’re planning to save your soup for later, hold off on adding the cream until it’s defrosted. Stumped on how to maintain soup’s freshness after freezing? Check out these 5 helpful tips for freezing soup to get you started.
What goes with corn chowder for dinner?Corn chowder pairs well with either a hearty ham and Swiss sandwich, a crisp spinach salad, or a side of Parmesan biscuits for dinner. Depending on your appetite, of course!
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 30, 2020
this was wonderful! One of the best soups I've had. Only change I made was to add chicken. I took 2 thin breasts (still frozen) and added them to the pot before I turned it on. I cooked it the same time as recipe stated. I shredded them when done. It was perfect